Search

Friday, September 16, 2011

Spaghetti Carbonara and Herb-crusted Salmon

I've had a number of carbonaras in my lifetime, and so far I think my favourite is in delicious. However, that was years ago so I'm not sure if they've maintained the standard..
I find that most of the one's here in Melbourne are too rich, so I think it's best to make your own and adjust the richness to your liking=)


This is my favourite way of cooking Salmon. I think it's absolutely delicious!
Not too much herbs, not too much cooking time, it's perfect because the fresh flavours are really brought out.
Thanks to auntie Ghi for kindly giving me a pot of pineapple sage. This herb smells sweet like a pineapple and has a strong hint of sage. Goes great with anything really.


Herb crust: breadcrumbs
                   pineapple sage
            rosemary

Simply blitz it all together in a food processor. Add in a little olive oil and mix it through.
Heat a pan until its very hot. Add in some oil. Under medium heat, sear the fish fillet skin side down for about 2 minutes. Remove the fish onto a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper. Spoon on the bread crust and press it down lightly with the back of a spoon or your hands. Bake in a 180C oven for about 6-8 minutes until the crust is golden brown.
Just be sure not to overcook it.


It should be pinkish inside, crunchy on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment