Search

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Kesom Pesto


The very first time I saw Pesto, I thought eww that's stuff's so green and nasty.
Even after tasting it, I thought it was pretty mediocre, nothing spectacular
But knowing how healthy it really is, made me want to like it more
So, I came up with my own version, which made me wanna eat more and more of it!
Like I've said time and time again, I love Kesom..Its peppery, really unique and fragrant, gosh, I just love it!


And pasta's not the only way to go. Use it as a dip on crackers, spread it on pizza and even sandwiches.
It's a healthy and easy way to get some greens and nuts.


It may not look sexy..but its tasty alright!

recipe:
for the pesto,
2 cups kesom leaves
1 handful of mint leaves
1/4 cup cashews
1/4 cup pistachios
1/2 cup walnuts
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 teaspoons salt

Blitz everything in a food processor
Toss it with some boiled pasta and cherry tomatoes

No comments:

Post a Comment