Search

Friday, May 20, 2011

Brunch


I was supposed to help in the gardening this morning but was just too lazy to bend my back..So I agreed to cook my brothers a brunch to get myself out of gardening=P

  Sweet paprika seared steak, buttered toast, avocado,

scrambled eggs, baby spinach and pear salad with pickled onion.
Gordon Ramsay was quite particular about how the perfect scrambled eggs 
In-te-res-ting..

I love onions but they make me tear whenever I eat them raw..it's just way too strong to have them raw in salads..However, these pickled onions are perfect for salads and it's the easiest thing in the world. 

Pickled onions: 
2 red onions
1 cup white vinegar
3 tablespoons of sugar

Slice the onions thinly. Put them in a jar. Add in sugar. Pour in the vinegar. Shake lightly. Leave to pickle for at least 30 minutes before use. Or refridgerate for up to a week or two. 















No comments:

Post a Comment