Search

Friday, May 20, 2011

Scones

2 am in tze morning and I'm up doing stupid HOI..can you believe it? well I decided that breaks are essential.

Tummy's full but mouth so itchy,
Recipe book's in front of me,
I turn tze page and scones I see,
  Fate it was,
so scones it is.

They rose pretty well, I thought.
Scones:
2 cups of flour
2 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
a pinch of salt
2 tablespoons of sugar
1/2 cup of milk
1/4 cup+ 2 tablespoons of water 
Preheat oven to 250 celcius
Sift flour and bicarb into a large bowl.
Mix in salt and sugar.
Make a well in the centre and pour in milk and water.
Mix with a fork until a dough is formed.
You may need to wet your hands a little IF THE MIXTURE IS TOO DRY.
Knead dough lightly for about 1 minute on a floured surface. Flatten slightly to about 3cm thick. 
Use a cookie cutter to cut out rounds and place the rounds in a lightly greased tin. 
They should be arranged like molecules of a solid (for those who do science) hehe..
Brush the top with milk. Bake for 12 minutes. Cool

Perfect with jam and cream..But that white stuff's actually yoghurt..I did'nt have any cream..hehe








No comments:

Post a Comment