Search

Monday, December 5, 2011

Mussels- A day at the beach

The Beaches in Frankston on a lovely day like this are just amazing!

Kid's playing in the sand, sun-bathers getting a tan, fishers waiting for a catch and some (us) just wandering =)

 The platforms took us out further than we thought..
little did we know, the bottom of those stilks are covered in Mussles!
Lucky for us, we found some lying on the platform itself=)

Of course we didn't put them to waste..
 nyehehehe


 yeah my bag was really sandy after that..

 This one was extremely tiny
 Threw it into the pot anyway..funny thing is, I couldn't find it after I finished eating them..hmmmm



They were so extremely salty and surprisingly sweet, I did'nt even need to add any salt
Plus, I think the mussels already had some sea water in them..so there was plenty of yummy broth at the end
That's what I call REAL food
Recipe:
Freshest mussels
2 cloves of garlic
extra virgin olive oil (glug glug glug)

everything in a pot. Bring to a boil (might need to add water) until mussels start to open
Turn off heat and let sit for 1 minute (mussels will open further)
Eat with hands =)

No comments:

Post a Comment